Chocolate

Chocolate = Pet Poison! Be aware, and take care not to leave anything containing chocolate within your pet's reach this festive season!

Remember that it is the cocoa solids that are the toxic part, so the more expensive the chocolate the more dangerous it is likely to be.  White chocolate can be just as dangerous as dark.

Chocolate is actually toxic to humans too, in extremely large doses - but as (most) dogs are much smaller than us, it may not take very much at all to make your pet sick. 


If you think your pet has eaten chocolate make a call to your vet - look for the ingredients list on the packet and try to gauge how many grams your pet may have eaten.  Signs of poisoning can include vomiting, diarrhea, and tremors.